Together with Kah Chan, Sophie Price, Everton Fragoso, and various other friends at Flick, we built a bespoke design system that serves more than 7 front-ends.
Check out design.flick.energy/
- Majority of the front-end development
- Front-end team lead, and mentor.
- Development of the static site, using Middleman.
- Rollout of package releases
- Implementation of releases in the various front-ends
- Migration of Rails front-ends to support our package releases
- Kah Chan, Product designer
- Sophie Price, Senior Designer
- Everton Fragoso, Full-stack developer
- Framework-agnostic pattern libraries are more portable
- People drive design systems within companies more than the tech
- Communicating breaking changes is a vital responsibility of any code library
- Using arbitrary breakpoints is less valuable than making components responsive without media queries